Yes! There are natural home remedies for internal body heat and hot flashes (hot flushes).
But before I reveal the ultimate natural home remedy, lets quickly discuss the two terms.
This is a situation in which a person feel heat sensations all over the body or in some specific areas of the body.
Sometimes, the heat starts from the stomach, the chest, the throat or the waist region and radiates all through the body.
In fact some people feels very hot from inside (high core temperature) but would have a normal temperature outside the body (skin temperature)
Moreover, some will feel intense internal body heat and will start sweating profusely while others will only feel hot within without sweating.
Internal heat occurs irrespective of the environmental or atmospheric conditions and may sometime come with headache, tiredness and rapid heartbeat.
No matter the form it shows up, Internal heat in the body makes the sufferer very uncomfortable.
Causes of Internal Heat in the body
As a matter of fact, Internal heat is not a disease. Rather, it come as symptoms or signs that your body put in place so as to inform you that something may not be right or to warn you of an impending danger within your body
Therefore, when the underlying cause is treated, the internal heat vanishes easily.
There are several factors that can cause internal body heat. This factors ranges from minor to major. Here are some of them
- Hot atmospheric conditions that prevent proper core body temperature regulation through sweating.
- Improper clothing
- Strenuous physical activities or exercise
- Certain drugs and stimulants such as cocaine etc
- Excessive worry and Emotional problems.
- Illness and medical conditions such as malaria, infections, stomach ulcer, high blood pressure, insomnia, seizures, muscular agitations, neurological disorders, rare tumors and lots more.
It is of utmost importance that you study your body well so as to know your exact actions that triggers the internal heat.
- Hot and Spicy foods
- Oil and fried foods
- Foods rich in sodium
- Caffeine and Alcohol
- Cigarette smoke
Hot Flashes (Hot Flushes)
A hot flash is experienced as a feeling of warmth or intense heat spreading over the body. It may be accompanied by red, flushed face, perspiration and rapid heartbeat.
Just like internal heat, A hot flash is a symptom and not a medical condition.
Hot flashes are often very brief ranging from about 30 seconds to a few minutes. On the average, a hot flash lasts between two and thirty minutes.
Causes of Hot Flashes
Although the major cause of hot flash has not yet been determined. This is probably due to the fact that majority of research on hot flashes are focused on the remedy.
Nevertheless, there is a general knowledge that hot flashes occur as a result of declining level of the sex hormone either in a man or in a woman.
But the exact way in which this reduction in hormone level affects thermoregulation in the body is not fully understood.
Generally, Hot flashes are characteristic symptoms of perimenopause (around menopause) and menopause. This is primarily because there is a notable reduction in the level of female sex hormone (estrogen) around this time.
However, several other factors and medical conditions as listed above can also cause hot flashes.
Natural Tips to Combat Hot flashes
- Avoid the triggers
- Eat healthy: Since it is generally accepted that the major cause of hot flashes is reduction in the sex hormone level. Hence taking foods that will increase the hormone level will adequately combat the hot flash.
Examples of food items rich in estrogen/phytoestrogen are : Black cohosh, Flaxseed oil, Red clover, wild yam etc
- Take vitamins especially Vitamin C and Vitamin E.
- Stay Hydrated.
- Wear the right type of clothing
- Breathe slowly and deeply
- Stay in a cool environment especially at night
Natural Home Remedy for Internal Heat and Hot Flashes
- A young or immature coconut
- A jar of natural honey.
- Lay the young coconut by it sides and cut off slices from the bottom so as to find the coconut soft spot or eye (a soft whitish spot)
- Stick your knife through the coconut eye and drain the coconut water in mug.
It should be a yellowish/clear color.
- Remove the coconut lid with your knife and scoop out the coconut meat with a spoon
- Add all ingredients (coconut water, coconut meat and spoons of honey to taste depending on the size and quantity of the coconut) to a high speed blender. Begin blending on a low speed, then switch to high speed. Blend for at least two minutes or till when you can no longer see the pieces of the coconut meat.
- You may sieve off the unblended particles
- Keep in fridge afterwards. (A blend will last for at least four days)
- Drink (1/2) half a glass every night.
Theory behind the natural home remedy
The ingredients for the home remedy is simply coconut water, coconut meat and honey both of which have great benefits.
Below are some of the benefits that can be derived from coconut water and the meat.
- Refuels and rehydrates – Coconut water maintains the body’s fluid levels and its potassium content helps maintain water pressure within cells and blood.
Here is what a Professional tennis player John Isner said about coconut water
“It is super hydrating and has kept me going in long matches and prevented me from cramping even in the hottest and most humid conditions,”
- Due to its high electrolyte content, coconut water improves nervous system functioning and nerve transmission.
It also prevents cramps and spasms in the muscle
- Reduces the risk of hypertension and strokes and helps prevent or resolve kidney stones.
- Improves digestion and metabolism via bioactive enzymes. Aids absorption of food and efficacy of drugs due to its electrolytic effect. Soothes intestinal pain/spasm.
- Its Lauric acid content is anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-viral. It boosts the immune system in fighting infection whilst helping to eradicate intestinal worms and candida.
- Contains compounds (cytokinins) that protect cells from aging and cancer.
Similarly the benefits of honey even as regards menopause can not be over emphasized.
Take good care of your body! You’ve got no other place to live inInternal Heat & Hot Flashes' Natural Home Remedies by Ife Oluwatuyi