This type of natural fertility treatment has been used for hundreds of years to increase the possibility of conceiving a baby.
Self fertility massage is a therapy that can improve your chances of conceiving and it is recommended as a stand alone treatment or can be used in conjunction with other forms of fertility treatment.
- 1 Benefits of Fertility Massage
- 2 Fertility Massage and Fertility Issues
- 3 Self Fertility Massage Contraindications
- 4 Fertility Massage and Menstrual Cycle
- 5 How to Locate your Reproductive Organs
- 6 Self Fertility Massage Techniques
- 7 How to do a Comprehensive Self Fertility Massage
- 8 Summary
Benefits of Fertility Massage
Engaging in a regular self fertility massage provides several benefits for the reproductive system.
Some of the fertility massage benefits are highlighted below.
- Increases Blood Circulation.
- Fertility massage boost egg health by increasing oxygenated blood flow to the ovaries which are often suffocated due to an impaired ovulation cycle wherein they suffer from a lack of nutrients and oxygenated blood
- Maintains hormonal balance
- Removes useless tissues (especially remains from previous menstruation and pelvic injuries)
- Helps to rightly re-position a tilted uterus
- In cases of polycystic ovarian syndrome, Self fertility massage movements will break down the cyst.
- Fertility massage breaks up pelvic adhesions and stimulates blood flow to speed up recovery of scars
- Reduces pain and cramps during menstrual cycle
- Self massage for fertility regulates menstrual cycle and can solve problems such as longer or shorter menstrual cycles
- It detoxifies and encourages the liver to do its job of detoxification and mopping out of excess hormones
- It reduces clotting during menstrual cycle
- Fertility massage helps to eliminate bloating and water retention in the reproductive system area
- It helps to relieve the uterus area from old stagnant blood and brings in fresh blood
- Fertility massage strengthens the reproductive organs.
- Helps to prepare muscles for child birthing
- Clearance of the Fallopian tube for unhindered movement of egg and sperm
- Improves digestion and gets rid of discomfort in the abdominal region
- Self massage helps to get rid of stress, depression and promotes relaxation
Fertility Massage and Fertility Issues
Self fertility massage is a cheap and natural technique that can help to boost fertility.
It is recommended for use in all women especially if you have fertility problems or you suffer from stress.
Here are some few other fertility issues a fertility self massage can help resolve.
- Irregular Ovulation
- Blocked fallopian tube
- Twisted Fallopian tube
- Uterine fibroids
- Unexplained Infertility
- Hormonal Imbalance
- Lack of Menstrual cycle
- Painful Menstruation
- Poor egg health
- Infertility due to stress
- Ovarian cysts
- Poor circulation
Self Fertility Massage Contraindications
Self fertility massage should NOT be done in the following instances
- While Pregnant: Especially during the first trimester, fertility massage on the uterus may affect the fetus and may cause abortion. Therefore do not do a self fertility massage when pregnant or when you think you may be.
- While Menstruating: Since fertility massage tends to affect blood flow, engaging in it during menstruation may increase flow, cause discomfort or even pain Do not do a fertility massage while menstruating
- If you have health issues, It is better to ask your doctor before performing a self massage for fertility.
Fertility Massage and Menstrual Cycle
The average length of female menstrual cycle is about 28 days.
These entire duration can be divided into four phases which are highlighted below:
- Menstrual phase (From day 1 to 5)
- Follicular phase (From day 1 to 13)
- Ovulation phase (Day 14)
- Luteal phase (From day 15 to 28)
For women Trying to Conceive, Fertility massage should not be done during the luteal phase. This is to avoid the risk of miscarriage incase implantation occurs immediately after ovulation.
The best time for a fertility massage is after the menstrual phase till ovulation phase (From day 6 to 14).
This is because the egg is produced, developed and released during this time, and self fertility massage can help direct regular supply of oxygenated blood and even distribution of hormone towards the reproductive area.
Women who are not trying to conceive but are only preparing their body can engage in self fertility massage anytime during the menstrual cycle EXCEPT during the menstruation.
How to Locate your Reproductive Organs
[sociallocker id=”963″]One of the major reason why self fertility massage is often recommended is because it helps to familiarize the woman with her reproductive organs.
For an effective self fertility massage, it is important that a woman know where her reproductive organ is, which are all located in the pelvic region.
The pubic bone, as well as the navel, will be often used as landmarks or indicators of where other reproductive organs may be located.
While you can see where your navel is, you will have to locate the pubic bone.
The pubic bone is located just above the pubic hairline.
Another method for locating the pubic bone is to unite your thumbs and index fingers in a triangle and place the thumbs on your navel.
The point where the index fingers meet is approximately where the pubic bone starts.
You will be able to feel it, as it will be harder to the touch than the rest of the area.
Locating the Uterus, Ovaries and Fallopian Tubes.
The uterus is between 3 to 4 inches in length and often pear-shaped. However, women’s anatomy may vary based on different factors such as lifestyle, genetics, etc. The approximate location of the uterus is between the pubic bone and the navel. It lies vertically directly above the bladder, that is about an inch above the pubic bone and like 4 inches below the navel.
The Ovary is located approximately 3 inches to the left and right side of the uterus.
That is, 4 inches below the navel, then 3 inches to the right is the right ovary and 3 inches to the left is the left ovary.
The ovaries are linked to the uterus by the fallopian tubes.
Here is a brief video that sheds more light on the locating your reproductive organs.
Self Fertility Massage Techniques
Self Fertility Massage™
Hethir Rodriguez, a certified massage therapist and a master herbalist created a natural fertility therapy to help women apply the fertility massage techniques for themselves and called it Self Fertility Massage™.
Self Fertility Massage™ comprises a wide range of massage techniques such as Chi Nei Tsang (Asian organ massage), deep tissue massage, myofascial release, acupressure, reflexology and castor oil therapy. You can get the Self Fertility Massage™ DVD here
Femoral Fertility Massage Technique
This type of massage increases the blood flow to the pelvic organ providing extra nourishment to the uterus and ovaries
Massage of the femoral artery around the pelvic region is completely natural and is a technique that women can use without any external aid to boost their fertility and handle their menstrual cycles better.
- Press down on the area between your thigh and your lower abdomen around your pelvic region with your both thumbs as shown above
- Cover the area with the tips of the fingers and hold down with fairly heavy pressure to cease the blood flow in 30 – 40 seconds.
- The pressure increases and forces the blood back into the pelvic region nourishing the organs.
- Then in Releasing your fingers (pressure) you will feel a warm sensation run down your legs to the extremities.
- Repeat on the opposite side.
- Perform the massage three times on each side, twice a day, from when your period finishes and up to ovulation.
Here is a video that explains the process
Acupressure Fertility Massage Technique
Acupressure fertility massage is an ancient chinese technique in which pressure is applied to certain areas of the body called acupressure points inorder to regulate energy in the body so as to increase balance, circulation, and improve chances of getting pregnant.
- Apply pressure for about 1-2 minutes by using your fingertips on the acupressure points
- Then apply deep pressure using a clockwise motion for about 1 minute
- If you feel pain or discomfort, decrease your pressure or stop.
Here are images showing some important acupressure points.
- Ren 3: Stimulating this point helps regulate the menses, strengthening the kidneys and the urinary bladder.
- Ren 4: Stimulating this point (site of uterus) increases chi energy to aid conception
- Ren 6: This point is also called, the sea of Chi. When stimulated, it increases energy and vitality to the whole body.
- Zigong: The stimulation of this point increases blood flow to the ovaries and uterus, addressing infertility related to menstrual problems
- K16: This point is the site of the kidney. When stimulated, it brings healing energy to the heart and kidney while clearing the mind and improving immunological function. Also, this point releases energy blocks in the abdomen that causes low fertility.
- St30: When stimulated it helps increase the function of the ovaries, fallopian tubes and uterus by releasing stagnation.
- Ren 12: This point has an affinity for the spleen and the stomach and it is very important in draining the body of excess fluid and mucus production like fluid accumulated in the fallopian tubes, uterus, and urinary bladder.
- Ren 14: This point when stimulated will help release your fears and relax your mind.
- Lv14: This acupressure point is located below the breast, two ribs below the nipple. This point resolves liver and gastro intestinal complaints related to poor digestion experienced as sluggish feeling after eating. This point also helps those who suffer from premenstrual breast tenderness. When this point is stimulated, the sensual energy increases as well.
Reflexology Fertility Massage Technique
This is a special type of massage technique.
It involves stimulating certain areas on the feet that corresponds to specific organs of the body. When you stimulate or massage reflexology points, you are clearing blockage, congestion, increasing circulation and encouraging the flow of energy to the organ.
All you need do is to massage the corresponding area on your feet with comfortable pressure from your fingers.
Here is a reflexology chart or Map that shows which area of your feet corresponds to specific organs
This is a brief video showing the reflexology fertility massage technique.
How to do a Comprehensive Self Fertility Massage
Requirements for Self Fertility Massage
The recommended time for a self massage for fertility is about half an hour prior to intercourse.
However, self fertility massage can be inculcated into one’s daily routine and be performed either in the morning, evening or whenever you can spare 20 to 30 minutes.
Much supplies are not needed for a self fertility massage. Below are basic requirements.
1 soft pillow
Massage oil (lavender, Jasmine, Olive oil, Castor Oil etc.)
A mat, bench or any even hard surface
Serene environment with soothing cool music
Before commencing the self massage, make sure your bladder is empty (you don’t feel like urinating)
Also if you are eating before the massage, eat light meal.
Performing the Self Fertility Massage (9 steps)
- Lie down, with your back on the mat, bench or the even hard surface. While a soothing cool music is being played so as to make you relax.
- Place the towel under your head and a pillow under your lumbar region (i.e. containing the 5 vertebrae that form the curve in the back).
- Start with the Femoral Massage Technique on both legs by blocking the femoral artery (the area between your thigh and lower abdomen) with your four (4) fingers so that blood flow to the leg will stop and there will be increased blood flow to the reproductive organs for about 30 t0 45 seconds. This will take about 2 mins
- Get some massage oil on your hands and warm up your fingers.
- Press gently on your uterus and walk your way up and down, from the pubic bone to the navel and back.
Press on the uterus and try pulling it up towards the navel. Hold the uterus in this position for a few seconds or until you count to 10. Repeat this exercise up to 15 times.
- Using the acupressure fertility massage technique, locate the fertility acu-points as described in the images above. Apply comfortable pressure on the points then massage in a clockwise direction for about 1 minute each. Spend 5 minutes in this section
- Sit down for a while and massage your feet using the reflexology technique. Pay extra attention to the reproductive organs, pituitary glands and endocrine glands. Do this for about 7 mins
- Lie down back again and massage your whole tummy with a clockwise circular motion starting from the navel till it covers the whole stomach.
- End the massage with another round of femoral massage technique
Fertility massage is a cheap and very effective procedure that can increase your chances of conception.
Another good thing about it is that it can be combined with various fertility treatment you may be undergoing.
Take good care of your body! You’ve got no other place to live in