Loss of hair can make one look older than his/her real age. Hair beautifies one immeasurably and loss of hair can rob one of beauty. If you are losing your hair, there are simple things you can do to regrow the hair and recover your past beauty. If you have tried several methods without any visible solution to the problem, it is high time you tried simple home remedies that will help you regrow your hair. You will learn in this write up certain home remedies for hair loss that had been tried over the years and they have proved successful and helpful. With consistency, you can regrow your hair in no time.
The items needed to regrow your hair are very easy to obtain; they are all around you and you will not need to spend an arm and a leg to get them. It can work on both male and female without fail. Read on to learn more about these helpful home remedies.
Home Remedies for Hair Loss
Coconut benefits the hair like none other. It is able to promote hair growth and it can also get your hair conditioned. Coconut contains various nutrients, like protein, minerals, iron, potassium and essential fats. These nutrients can reduce hair breakage. Coconut oil acts on your hair the same way coconut milk would do. It is one of the best natural products for preventing hair loss
How to apply it
- Pour coconut oil into a pan and place it on a medium source of heat
- Allow the coconut oil to warm and put off the heat.
- Massage the warm oil into your hair. Massage the hair from its root to its tip
- Wash the hair after an hour of applying the coconut oil.
- Instead of coconut oil, you can also use coconut juice
- Remove the coconut fruit from its husk
- Grate the fruit until it forms pulp
- Squeeze the grated coconut fruit to remove the milk in it.
- Mix the extracted coconut milk with little quantity of water.
- Apply the mixture to those areas of your hair where you notice balding or thinning.
- Leave the mixture on your hair overnight and you can wash it off in the morning.
Onion is yet another very helpful natural product for treating hair loss. It had been used over the years and it had never been known to fail. Onion is very rich in sulphur and sulphur is very helpful in hair growth. Sulphur helps to increase collagen production, which is required for hair growth. All you need to do is to squeeze out its juice and apply it directly to those areas of your scalp where you notice balding or thinning. It is a reliable product for controlling hair fall.
How to apply onion juice
- Pick medium-sized onion and chop it finely.
- Afterwards, squeeze out its juice into a clean container
- Apply the juice obtained on those areas of your scalp where your hair is thinning.
- Leave the juice in the hair for up to 15 minutes
- Afterwards, rinse the hair using mild shampoo. Leave the hair to dry.
- For better and faster effect, you can repeat this process twice every week. Continue with the application until you see the desired result.
Garlic is one of the most popular home remedies for hair loss. Garlic too is very rich in sulphur, just like onion. Its collagen content is very high. Take a look at many of the traditional hair regrowth products and you will find garlic in them. It is dependable for hair regrowth and it can work very fast.
How to apply it
- Crush some cloves of garlic in a bowl
- Add some coconut oil to the crushed garlic and mix together.
- Place the mixture on medium heat and allow it to boil. Let it continue to boil for some minutes.
- Afterwards, switch off the heat and place the boiled mixture down.
- Allow it to cool down for some minutes
- Apply the mixture to your scalp. Concentrate on those areas where you notice hair thinning.
- After application, leave the application to stay for up to 30 minutes. Wash the hair afterwards.
- You can repeat this twice every week for faster result.
This is yet another product commonly found in many of the natural hair conditioning or coloring products. Henna has the ability to strengthen your hair from its root and prevent hair break. It works better when it is combined with a number of other hair regrowth products, like those mentioned earlier.
How to apply it
- Pour 250ml of mustard oil inside a tin container.
- Add about 60g of dried and washed henna leaves to the mustard oil.
- Place the mixture on medium heat and allow it to boil.
- The boiling with burn leaves
- Filter off the oil from the mixture.
- Apply the oil on your hair and scalp
- Leave the oil in your hair for up to 1 hour. Wash it off afterwards.
Hibiscus is not just ordinary flower; it has loads of benefits and had been used as beauty and health products for years. Hibiscus can be used in controlling hair fall. It can be used in treating dandruff. As if that is not enough, hibiscus can also be used in preventing hair graying. It is one of the best products for nourishing your hair. Another name for hibiscus flower is shoe flower
How to apply it to prevent hair loss
- Pour some coconut oil or sesame oil inside a clean container and add few leaves of hibiscus flower inside it.
- Crush the flower in the oil and mix it together to form paste.
- Apply the mixture on your hair and scalp. Leave the mixture on the air for few hours
- Afterwards, rinse off the mixture using cold water and mild shampoo.
Amla or Indian gooseberry
If you are suffering from hair loss, Indian gooseberry or amla is the perfect product to go for and it will help prevent that hair loss. Furthermore, it will promote hair regrowth. Amla is rich in antioxidants and vitamin C. These constituents make it the best product for reversing hair loss. You need to note that amla works perfectly if the hair loss is at its initial stage.
How to apply it
- Pour lemon juice inside a container and add amla. You can use either amla powder or amla juice.
- Mix the two together to form homogenous mixture.
- Apply the mixture on your scallop and allow it to dry on the scalp
- Rinse off the mixture from your hair with lukewarm water.
- Apply often for faster result.
Egg is not just good for eating; it’s also the perfect item for hair regrowth. It is undoubtedly one of the best home remedies for hair loss. Just like onion and garlic, egg is very rich in sulphur. It also contains protein, zinc, iodine, selenium and phosphorus. Each of these nutrients has positive impact on hair growth.
How to apply it
- Extract the egg white from one egg and place it in a clean container.
- Add 1 teaspoon of olive oil to the egg white in the container
- Mix them together to form homogenous mixture.
- Apply the mixture to your hair and scalp
- Leave the mixture in your hair for up to 20 minutes
- Afterwards, rinse it off with mild shampoo and cool water.
This is also called methi. It is one of the most effective products for treating hair loss. Its seed is rich in hormone antecedents and this can help in enhancing hair growth. It can also help to rebuild your hair follicles, which makes it one of the best products for hair regrowth on bald heads. Fenugreek is equally rich in nicotinic acid and proteins, both of which can stimulate hair growth.
How to apply
- Pour a cup of fenugreek in a clean container and pour water on it until it is completely submerged.
- Leave it to soak overnight
- In the morning, remove the water and grind the seed into homogenous paste
- Apply the paste to your hair and those areas where the hair is thinning.
- Cover your hair with shower cap.
- Leave it for 40 minutes and then rinse it off from your hair.
- Apply it every morning for up to 1 month for better and faster effect .
Aloe vera is rich in lots of enzymes and these enzymes can promote healthy hair growth directly, Aloe vera has alkalizing properties too and this can help normalize the pH of your hair and scalp. Neutral pH contributes to hair growth. Use the aloe vera consistently and it will help relieve your scalp itching. Consistent application can also reduce scalp inflammation and redness. It can equally add luster and strength to your hair. Aloe vera is useful in treating dandruff too. You can use either aloe vera juice or aloe vera gel; both produce the same effect.
How to apply
- Apply aloe vera juice or gel directly on your scalp
- Allow it to stay on the hair for some hours
- Wash it off using lukewarm water
- Repeat the application 3 or 4 times in a week
Instead of applying the aloe vera to your hair, you can ingest a teaspoon of aloe vera juice each day for a number of weeks. It works better and faster when you take it on empty stomach
This is one of the best home remedies for hair loss. It can prevent hair loss and also put a stop to hair damage. Licorice has mollifying property and it can therefore help in opening you hair pores and promote growth of hair follicles. Licorice can soothe your scalp and treat dry flakes and other irritations. It is equally useful for treating baldness, hair loss and dandruff.
How to apply
- Pour a cup of meal into a container and add a quarter teaspoon of saffron. Add 1 teaspoon of ground licorice to it.
- Mix them all together till they form homogenous mixture.
- Apply the paste obtained on those bald patches on your scalp shortly before you sleep at night.
- Leave the paste on your scalp overnight
- Wash the paste off in the morning.
- Repeat this process once or twice every week for faster effect.
- Licorice can also be ingested orally in form of licorice tea. Consume it three times each day.
Beetroot is rich in vitamins B and C. It is also rich in calcium, phosphorus, potassium, protein and carbohydrate. They are all very important for hair growth.
How to apply
- Add fresh beetroot to your diet on regular basis.
- Add carrot juice, lettuce juice, alfalfa juice and spinach juice to your diet too.
- You can also grind some beetroot leaves and boil the grounded in water.
- Add henna to the paste and apply it to your scalp.
- Allow the paste to remain on your scalp for up to 20 minutes. Rinse off afterwards.
Repeat this process at least two times in a week.
They are very rich in omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acid forms of the best home remedies for hair loss. It also promotes hair growth.
How to apply
- Pour one tablespoon of flaxseed inside a grinder and blend it properly.
- Mix it with glass of water and consume it.
- Flaxseed can equally be added to several dishes, like smoothies, soups and salads.
- You can consume the flaxseed oil directly too.
- Flaxseed oil can also be applied to your hair directly. The flaxseed oil can strengthen your hair and also prevent hair loss.
It is also called Indian lilac. It is effective in preventing hair loss and can also help in promoting hair growth. You need 10 to 12 dry neem leaves and also water to prepare it.
- Place some water on medium heat and allow it to boil.
- Add neem leaves to the boiling water and continue to boil until the water level reduces to half its original quantity.
- Allow the mixture to cool
- Use the mixture to rinse your hair
- First use shampoo on your hair before applying the neem solution.
- Apply once in a week for faster effect